Monday 18 May 2009

Plein air

Coin Perdu
Corréze
France

Dear Watermarkers,

I am still in Corréze and wanted to say a quick hi to you all!

I miss you and think of you when I'm putting down a stroke on my canvas. The weather is beautiful and sunny, the rivers are flowing undisturbed and I am already golden skinned from all my plain air painting!

I'm sending you some images of how it looks here where I am and what I'm painting at our hide away Coin Perdu in Puy d'Arnac, Corréze. You can see some more images here.

...in search of corners to paint...

Some proof that I am indeed "working":

...by the brook...
...see, something on the canvas...

...even on a rainy day...


...even putting my life in danger...


... and attacked by Billy the kid...


...safer ground...
In two weeks I hope to show some finished plein air work, which I am thoroughly enjoying doing, even though I mess up most of the time.
Browsing through all your latest work, has me once again in admiration of your talents and stunned at what you've all done these last few weeks; needless to say the inspiration has me itching to clean up my palette immediately and get out there again.

Well, that's it for now. I wish you all well and keep the pastels and paints flying wild wherever you are!
See you in two weeks, Watermarks...!

All my best and bises!
Ronell

7 comments:

vivien said...

these look lovely and such a pretty area to paint

tanned - hmmm - chance would be a fine thing here!!!

Making A Mark said...

Gosh - it's all so greeeeen! What nice countryside.

Lindsay said...

I imagine you are building up some real muscle mass lugging aroung that French easel. Looks quiet comfy once you get it set up! Happy Vacation.

Gesa said...

Ronnell - this looks like a great place... I'm looking forward to the plein air paintings... and what you'll do with all the lushness. - well, other than enjoying it, that is :)

annie said...

Oh, Ronell, that lush forest and the little rivers and brooks...And the moss over that fallen trunk...it's a dream come true, isn't it? Thank you for those photographs. Looking forward to the paintings.
annie

Jeanette Jobson said...

It looks like a beautiful peaceful spot and haven't you been productive! I can't wait to see what you've produced.

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

It all looks so cool and green and lovely. Enjoy.