Monday 21 December 2009

Cold and watery Norway!

On a ship traveling northward along the Norwegian coast, earlier this month, I made sketches of some of the wondrous things and some of the ordinary things I saw. Here are a few of these sketches. Norway, night harborView from the ship, coast of NorwayNorway, first day of my coastal voyageNorway, Alesund harbor lighthouseNorway, Bergen fishmarketEn route to Nordkap, Norway On this cold and wintry note, I wish you all happy holidays and a brisk, stimulating year of wonders ahead!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Burrrrr. These look cold! and dark. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas too!

Sarah said...

Oh how I miss the Norwegian winters, lovely sketches Laura and a very happy Christmas to you too xxx

Jeanette Jobson said...

Laura, these sketches sum up the landscape and seascape perfectly. The colours and landforms are so familiar to me, as they are similar to here. Cold, unfortunately, goes with the territory. :)

Making A Mark said...

Gosh - its' so different. You managed the sketching in low light very well indeed!

Rodrica Tilley said...

I love these sketches...gives me a feel of the area, since I've not been to Norwegian coast yet. Love those fish heads!

vivien said...

wonderfully cold and dark - beautiful :>)