"My Heron" goes fishing most days in Willow Pond in the Ecology Park Ponds complex - a little more than two miles east of the Bank of England in the City of London. That's due to the fact that Millenium Project money was invested to create an Ecology Park and increase awareness of the ecological issues facing us all. I'm hugely appreciative of this green and watery space which is the subject of my Ecology Park Pond series.
How do you leave your mark on the world?
Today is Earth Day which is about inspiring awareness of and appreciation for the Earth's environment - and our watery spaces
If you'd like to be greener, here's some suggestions for things you can do to invest in your Earth on Earth Day.
- why not calculate your ecological footprint? It's a very salutary experience!
- explore the the top 10 list of things to do with your kids on Earth Day
- find out how to go green on Earth Day; make sure you take a peek at the Top Earth Day Activities and Tips as suggested by Planet Green
- use your big green purse to spend wisely and help create a greener cleaner world
The Big Green Purse Shopping Principles?
1) Buy less.
2) Read the label.
3) Support sustainable standards.
4) Look for third-party verification.GREAT
5) Choose fewer ingredients.
6) Pick less packaging.
7) Buy local.
- Pushed for time? Here's 5 green things you can do in 5 minutes
- get out and listen to the sounds of birdsong and nature as suggested by Cool Green Science – the conservation blog of The Nature Conservancy. Find a pond and you'll find some birds!
- just a reminder ;) - here's the top 10 list of what NOT to do on Earth Day
- and finally.......go take a picture and contribute to the Earth Mosaic photo project